What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- To fulfil this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the Rental agreement. Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s)
- To fulfil our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company
- We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside the South Yorks Motorhome Hire and its agents, unless:
- It is to book a third-party service for you including ferry crossing and taxi transfers
- It is to enrol you in a third-party membership including caravan club, camping and caravanning club and English heritage memberships
- It is for on road vehicle assistance for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
- It is to our insurer and their agents
- It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/ contravention has occurred
- It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
- To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
- It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
- Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
- You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organizations
- The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
- It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business as a vehicle rental company.
- It is for feedback on our products and services provided
- You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
- South Yorks Motorhome Hire and agents may use your personal information for marketing purposes and to keep you informed by post, telephone, sms, email or other electronic means about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you if you have selected to hear about our services and offers on our feedback form that is completed at the end of your hire and we will only use the contact methods that you have agreed to. If at any point you would like to stop receiving information from us, you can click unsubscribe at the base of any email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your name from the marketing database.